Like every year, again in 2017 our beautiful region will be hosting the Giro d’Italia, the bike tour of Italy!
More specifically the Giro will stop, after a very tough stage in Bagno di Romagna on Wednesday 17 May, then start again from Forlì the following day. At Locanda Camera con Vista we are happy to give the opportunity to our guests to ride their bikes and see up close their favorite professional cyclists. In order to serve you better and give you the most the Giro has to offer, we already tried out the itinerary along the tour that we will follow together with our customers:
Wednesday 17 May
In the morning, after a bountiful breakfast that will provide fuel for our ride, we will leave the Locanda around 9 am for a nice itinerary.
The ride will be mostly on secondary roads that lead to the gates of the town of Predappio, where we will head onto a main road called Strada San Zeno: from here a short climb of about 2 km (Passo delle Forche) will take us to the small town of Galeata, and after 5 km we will reach Santa Sophia. The Giro will go through this small village of the Apennines around 2 p.m., so, in the meantime we will have plenty of time to climb the Passo del Carnaio to admire an extraordinary panorama, and to enjoy our lunch, sandwiches and finger food prepared by the Inn. We will only have to choose the best spot to watch the competitors passing by, it would be no problem at all, because the road to Sella di Raggio is very wide and also the cyclists have to climb the ascent in double grade, that way we will be able to see the participants from up close, while they are committed to the most effort!
After watching the whole caravan of the Giro, we will decide whether to follow them up to San Piero in Bagno, or simply go back to Santa Sofia to shorten the tour of at least 30 km.
Once back at the Inn you definitely deserve to relax with a refreshing swim in the pool and then with a delicious brunch buffet.
Thursday 18 May
On the following morning, we will leave the Locanda at 10 a.m. to go to Forlì to see all the procedure before the official start of the Giro including the presentation of the cyclists, a visit to the Pink Village, il Villaggio Rosa… After the start of the Giro, we will continue our day with an easy ride on a mostly flat itinerary, so we will take it easy, to recover from the hard ride of the previous day. Infact we will take you to Cesenatico, Marco Pantani’s hometown, where we will visit the museum dedicated to the great champion, an exhibit of many of his personal items: Spazio Pantani!
This is the detailed program of the days May 17 and Thursday 18.
The first solution designed for our customers includes the arrival on Tuesday 16 May and the departure Friday 19 May (for a total of 3 nights) but if you wish, you can choose the departure on Sunday 21 May (for a total of 5 nights).
The both options include:
- Transfer service included from and to the train station in Faenza
- Free gift set with every stay, consisting of organic products
- Our morning breakfast buffet includes a variety of sweet and savory items, and it is especially designed for you to start the day ready and energized for a day of sport
- A brunch buffet will be ready for you after you come back from your rides: it will be prepared with many different items so you can fully recover from a day of fatigue
- Bike Tour guide included for every day of your stay
- Plan and Customise your bike tracks, Maps and GPS. You will have a choice between 24 different itineraries and you could also decide if you prefer to go on a food tour or simply to a sightseeing tour
- Your bike will be kept in a safe locker, organized with racks and hooks, to store anything you might want to bring with you, where you can work on you bike, fully stocked with all the tools you need and cleaning supplies
- A roadside assistance service will be provided immediately in case you need it
- A laundry service is available on the premises and you will be able to have everything back within 24 hours
- A wonderful dinner (on our nice terrace at sunset) with wines and local products in order to end the day in the proper way
Package 3 nights:
€ 290 per person
€ 260 per person
€ 230 per person
Package 5 nights:
€ 440 per person
€ 390 per person
€ 340 per person